When do I worry about fever?

My 4 year old complained of a headache at the park. When we got home he had a fever of 101.3. He took a nap, then got up and ate lunch. After a couple hours he complained again of headache. He felt so hot so I took his temp. 103.7. It's Ben almost 2 hors and I gave him ibuprofen, a bath, and soaked his feet in apple idar vinegar (friend suggestion).. And it's now at 102.6.

Should I worry that it's not going down more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go to the doc

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Since it just started today I'd watch it overnight and call the Dr in the morning if there was still a fever, unless he suddenly spiked high or started having trouble breathing or became really lethargic or something else really major.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• He may be dehydrated too, Has he drank any fluids? Very important to keep him hydrated. Keep giving Children's Motrin as directed every 4-6 hours. In the morning I'd bring him in to see his Dr.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• nah- it went down from where it was... gie him a cool rag, medicine and watch him.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I agree; keep an eye on him overnight and call the doc in the morning.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• At 4 years old our doctors rule of thumb was over 103 then medicate. If medication did not bring it below 103 then call the doc or head to urgent care. If child was not "acting right" then medicate at a lower temp and/or head to the doctor. Watch for signs of dehydration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2013