Gift idea for 6 year old boy?

My son was invited to his first birthday party and I have no clue what to get the child for his birthday. They go to school together but school is only 1 day in so we don't know him or the family. Need suggestions on what we should get.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• Dinosaurs or bugs.
    Little boys like that stuff and parents are generally not offended as they could be with army guys.

What does your boy like?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I would take my son to the store to pick out the gift. Most boys like the same toys.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Legos, remote control car, hot wheels, play dough anything messy or as feral said bug or dinosaur related.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• When all else fails, the little Lego sets will get you through birthdays from age 3 to 90, just use the age recommendations on the box to make sure it's the right level of difficulty.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• A star Wars watch. That's what we bought recently for a party. Also a baseball shirt for the team he likes, a football, basketball, lego set, any super hero. Spend around $15 - $20.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Sports, science, dinosaurs, out door gear like flashlights or compass,
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Hexbugs. There are a variety of sets at different price ranges to suit any budget.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 11:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I like the idea of letting your son pick the gift. Give him a dollar limit & take him shopping. I'm sure he'll know what to get. If it's something they'd like to keep themselves, then you know you have a winner :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Hot Wheels cars are usually a hit. We've also given out a few live bug habitats for kids from www.insectlore.com because my daughter enjoyed watching the caterpillars spin their cocoons and transform into butterflies. For about $15, you get the mesh habitat, a dropper for food, and a coupon that you mail in when you are ready to order a cup of live caterpillars.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• .... hmmmm! Something cool.... A robotic dinosaur. No... Just go see what's on clearance.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2013