Any suggestions for a quality back pack

I bought my son a back pack from khols last year and it didnt last for more than a few months and then got him a adidas one from marshals but that one is worn now too, any suggestions on where to buy one that is worth the money that will last the year, now have 2 sons in school.

n8nnickmom

Asked by n8nnickmom at 12:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• Land's End.

Target has Jansport backpacks.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• My daughter's Jansport lasted her from high school through college. Best $75 I ever spent
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Jansport backpacks are worth the money. They LAST. I had one that lasted my all 4 years of high school, and after my Junior year I had no locker to stash stuff in so I had to carry it all, all day.

I actually use the hailf-pint sized one as a purse.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• LL Bean has a lifetime guarantee

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• My son has used this back pack for 2 years and it's still going strong. He loves it, we have Never see anyone with a back pack even close to looking like it, so it's very original.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I would suggest Jansport. I have one I used in high school that's still in great shape.

We're going on 3 years now with my oldest DS's backpack. I don't expect it to die any time soon.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Jansport is a good brand, and not as expensive as some of the others.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I bought one for 10 bucks at Old Navy for our son, and he carried it for 3 years. The zipper finally messed up, so then I got him a Fox racing one, and it's lasted 2 years, and still looks new. He loves it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• LLBean's last forever. One of our boys used his all through high school and college.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I have heard people rave about their LLBean backpacks really lasting, and they are guaranteed.

Lands End looks pretty good; not sure about their quality. The site has very active consumer product reviews so you could see relevant feedback.

Garnet Hill Kids is having a free matching lunch pack with every backpack purchase right now. They have mostly patterns & colors for girls but there are a couple of "boy patterns" (skateboards & rockets.) If you need/want both items, it works out to a savings that way.

I hear great things about Jansport (including here in the responses!)

My daughter has a backpack from Hanna Andersson from a few years ago. It is very cute and has held up well, but it hasn't had heavy use at all because she only uses it for packing for overnight trips, sleepovers, etc. (She doesn't need a backpack for school & doesn't carry it daily.) They usually put their backpacks on sale at some point.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2013