I am being cyberstalked and harassed on Twitter! I went to the police and they LAUGHED at me! Help! adult content

I've also contacted Twitter. The problem is the person just creates new accounts and comes back as someone else. He says very insulting things, but the police say most of Twitter is nasty, and they only REALLY get involved when someone's threatened. They also said this person/people is probably using public internet, which makes it almost impossible to trace.They suggested I close my account, but I'm the victim and that's not FAIR!And I have A LOT OF FOLLOWERS! One cop almost laughed at me! I am being attacked for the way i look, my lack of sex life, and for living w my parents and being in my 40's. It's humiliating. One cop suggested if I 'm embarrassed, I should move out and get my own place!

Aren't there cyberbullying laws in NJ for ADULTS? What can I do? How expensive would it be for me to get a lawyer? I'm convinced it's a former coworker. He has a grudge against me! I want to get evidence and sue him for bullying, harassment, and slander!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Technology

• Why do you need to have a Twitter account?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I don't know anything about Twitter but, generally, this is a risk we all take when we put stuff out there in a very public forum. You haven't been threatened with bodily harm as per this post. Your choices would be to ignore ignore ignore or cancel your account.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I have to agree with the police, you are not being threatened. You would first have to hire someone to track him down, then pay for courts etc. Who cares how many followers you have, get a new account or if it bothers you so much get off the internet.

You are not a child, you can make it stop if you want to
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Didn't get the answers you wanted in confessions?

funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• That's not fair! He is a criminal and needs to be stopped!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Life's not fair. Deal with it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• How is he a criminal? He is posting on an open forum, how does that make him a criminal?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Are you scared of this person? No. You are just insulted. Too bad. When you put yourself out on a public forum, that is the risk you take. The more info you put out there the more you risk. Close the account or h the fact that some people are going to not like you.
    Your cyberstalker maybe be many different people who just don't like you for what ever the reasons. We get them in here.

BTW it is time you stood on your own two feet and get a place of your own.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Lol he's not a criminal. He's a douche maybe, but not a criminal
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2013