My 5 yr old daughter has been complaining of chest pains and they come on when she is just lying down watching tv. She has had 3 ekg's done and all came back normal. I took her to the Children's

Hospital and the Dr. told me it was because of growing pains. Im not a Dr., but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Her heart is racing for no reason and this is what he tells me. I'm gonna request a blood test because in my heart something is not right.

worriedmom43

Asked by worriedmom43 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Anxiety disorder
    GERD

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Does your daughter have other signs of anxiety? Rapid breathing, worrying a lot, racing thoughts? Does she get an upset stomach often? Do certain foods bother her?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• asthma can cause those symptoms as well
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Asama, Like others said, Anxiety.   I had a heart issue for several years before the doctors finally found it.  A form of tachycardia.  My issue would come and go. By the time I thought of going to the doctor. It would be gone.  

Can't say she doesn't have an issue.  They need to catch it happeneing.  If you really want to find out. When It is happeneing. Race her to the ER.

Answer by louise2 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2013