Sex offender awarded custody of 6-year-old girl

Seriously, anyone else following this story? Please read.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Sex-offender-awarded-custody-of-6-year-old-213445461.html

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 3:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Very disturbing. However, I have to think there's more to the story because in most circumstances, custody would not be awarded to the father in another state when the mother is trying to keep the child with her. It makes me wonder what else is going on with the mom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I agree Ballad, my heart breaks for this little girl...the mom said, that he drug-ed her (mom) with sleeping medication and raped her. I am terrified for this child!
    geminisummerz

Comment by geminisummerz (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• the mom said, that he drug-ed her (mom) with sleeping medication and raped her.

Where did it say that? I didn't see that in the link you gave.

Regardless, it's really sad that this is what happened. I find it really disgusting that one of the lawyers said that there's nothing to stop a judge from giving custody like this once they've been convicted and done their time - he was convicted of molesting a CHILD. To me, that is the thing that stops a judge from giving a CHILD MOLESTER custody of a CHILD. That's kind of like putting the fox in charge of the hen house or letting the bank robber guard the bank vault.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Messed up beyond belief....not inspiring faith in our justice system.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• wendythewriter

It was not in the above link...It's in the one below.

Dr. Drew
    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/08/13/mother-who-lost-custody-child-sex-offender-speaks-out

I completely agree with you both
    geminisummerz

Comment by geminisummerz (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Okay, thanks! I was rereading that first one again, thinking I might have missed it. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I wonder why a woman would marry a sex offender and have a child with him? Sounds like he child would be better off in Foster care away from both parents.

healthykidsmom

Answer by healthykidsmom at 12:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Can you make either link clicky .
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2013