My daughter does this weid head motion, concerned. talking to herself.

Ive noticed in the past few weeks that my daughter randomly shakes her head, almost like a jerking motion or twitch like shaking your head no. Ive watched her do it and asked what she was doing. Her first answer was that she was talking to her friend, telling her friend horsi "no". (this friend i assume is a male horse imaginary.) I told her to leave horsi at home when we were in public and she could play with him anytime at home. A couple a days ago she told me that it was time to send horsi home, i was like ok. The last couple of times i've seen her do this head motion, her reply was she was talking to herself. I asked her again today if she was ok and she said she was answering herself, in her mind she was hearing "what, what".
My daughter is five and my thought is that she may be discovering her conscience and thinking in her head and answering herself in motions, she doesn't talk aloud to herself. But i am just a little worried it may be a nerve disorder, she has never showed any signs of anything being wrong, and nothing runs in our family like that.... am i being a little to over worried? anyone elses kid does this?
ps. she is also starting kindergarden in a few weeks.

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like imaginative play

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• from where i am coming from on a daily basis, sounds healthy and normal
    but i have a weird daily life...so there is that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• She is talking to her imaginary friend. Lot of kids have them. My oldest had one.

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• If there are no other problems, I wouldn't be too worried. My daughter is five and always talking to her imaginary friends, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Can she control it? If not you should try to record it and show it to her doctor.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2013