Age ratio for jumpy houses?

We're going to have 2 of those inflatable jump houses at an event this weekend - one for little kids, one for big kids. What's a good age range for each? I was thinking maybe 6 and under for little kids but I feel like 6 year olds might still be too big to jump with smaller toddlers. Maybe 5? What do you think?

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I would say 5 or 6 years old is good.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I would say 5 and under in one and 6-11 in the other.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• IDK... I wouldn't want my 9 yr old in with 12 yr old's either... ER's see a lot of bouncy house injuries mostly from bigger kids in jumping around with kids that are much smaller/lighter than they are. Lots of dental injuries too.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We have them at an annual event
    We "try" to go height/ weight

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Personally, I wouldn't do an age range, but a height range. You can get a really tall 4 or 5 year old or a really short 6 or 7 year old....
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• It kind of depends on the kids, too. Do you know how many there will be, and are you acquainted with them all? When I used to take my daughter to my sister's house where there was a bouncy castle thing, I didn't let her jump with my niece and nephew because they were too rough. Someone was always getting bashed in the face or something when they played. But her cousins were just fine and much more careful. So if you know the kids well, it might be worth putting the maniacs in one jumper and the calmer kids in another.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• More about weight and height put a broom handle with a mark taller than the mark no entry.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• By height.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2013