Going out to eat???

Seem the drinks(not beer, wine or liquor) are getting crazy expensive now days.    Here you will pay more then $2.00 for any drink.  We are getting to the point where we order a water and  one unsweet tea.

Didn't realize I put $200, LOL forgot the,,, period.

Asked by louise2 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I hardy ever get a drink besides water when I go out. I don't care for soda or flavored lemonade that much, and coffee is ridiculously expensive. Once in a blue moon I'll get a margarita because I don't have a blender to make one at home, but that's only if my boyfriend and I go out by ourselves. A few times a year.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We always order water when we go out, but then we drink water for meals at home too. When it's just me and my husband out for a special occasion we may get something else, but most times it's just water.

Answer by missanc at 4:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• IT IS SUCH A BLESSING TO GO OUT TO DINNER

HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYONE
    :)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Sorry for the double post, but what really sucks is that it costs restaurants very little for the soft drinks - like pennies and then they turn around and charge a premium!

Answer by missanc at 4:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We always order water for that very reason. $2.50 is the average here and for a family of 4? I could buy 5, 2 liters!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Yep- everything is so expensive. Child care, medical bills, gas, groceries, etc. You're right, Paxi, it is a blessing to even be able to go out to eat.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• we order water for the grown ups and milk for grandbaby
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• What But_Mommie said. After drinks for a family of 4+ people you could have gotten an appetizer
    Flipping ridiculous!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• If I can't afford the drink, I simply don't go out. I'm going out to enjoy myself, not nit pick the drink cost.

It's not about not being able to afford it. It's about the cost being silly for what it is. Also... I personally, can enjoy myself just fine with a good meal served with water.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Most of the time we get water.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2013