Do you know someone like this? How do you deal with them?

Someone who acts like a know-it-all. Who all acts superior.

I'm sure we all do. I just consider the source & avoid them. But sometimes that's easier said than done.

How do you handle those kind of people?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• I would quickly walk away from them and not look back... Those people annoy me too much to tolerate
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• So you spend two days yelling at people for pointing out they think someone is a know it all, and then on day three start your own thread complaining about someone being a know it all?

Think there's a word for that, starts with an h...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• How do you handle those kind of people?

I call them out on their bull shit!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Tell them to kiss your ass and move on, it's pretty simple really. You remove yourself from the "relationship",
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I just consider the source & avoid them. But sometimes that's easier said than done.

^^Exactly. You can put up with it for just so long. That is when I call someone out. This is the exact same thing that happened the other night. So why is it wrong for them not to put up with it any more?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Nope I don't
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• The superior thing is my SIL
    She thinks she's all high and mighty because of her religion
    I just laugh

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• If the delivery of the information is stringent and the information is inaccurate, I point out the inaccuracy and move on.

If the delivery of the information is stringent but the information is accurate, I try to dismiss the delivery and learn something.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• OK, I'll play, if it was about someone here, what makes you think it has anything to do with YOU?!

I never said it was about me, nor that it was about anyone here at all. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of throwing accusations at MULTIPLE members of this site (and I wasn't even online at the time, so thanks for letting me know you were attempting to yell at me, too, even though I hadn't even answered the question yet), then turning around and complaining about the very behavior you were having a hissy fit over them complaining about.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2013