August 14th, we're making chili

It's been so cold here, house opened up and having to wear sweaters, so we decided instead of burgers on the grill, it was going to be a huge pot of chili instead.

Anyone else cooking cold weather food yet?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Food & Drink

• No not yet! I am not looking forward the the cold. I love summer.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Nope... it is still in the 90s here. Tomorrow is to be a bit cooler, so I am making turkey pot pies. Still wish I had a toaster oven.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• It's 71 here.... neighbors all have their windows open. I am comfortably wearing jeans. Yes, it feels like fall!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Cold? What!!! It's 107 right now. Last time it was cold here was back in February or March. Lucky you!

Chili sounds good. I'm looking forward to what we call Gumbo Weather...anytime the temp falls below 70.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I've been cooking cold weather food. Otherwise we would be eating fast food or crap food.

What time should I be over? Should I bring a cornbread gelatin mold?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Should I bring a cornbread gelatin mold?

I've always wanted to see an aspic in real life, can you make it corn bread aspic?

Panda - it was 45 when I woke up this morning (and we slept with windows open, that was a rude awakening when the blankets came off)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• It's not cold enough here for chili yet, but it's getting to where we might have to shut the windows at night. My favorite time of the year, weather wise, is when fall first starts to come into the air. I don't care for the winter that follows, though.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Hasn't been cold enough for chili (except for an odd day here and there) but that hasn't stopped me from making soups and chili. They are cheep and healthy and I can make enough for multiple meals so I just go with it.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• It is 96 here at 6:30 so no cool weather meals.I only wait till the low 80's or we wouldn't eat chili ...lol

drfink

Answer by drfink at 7:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• LOL I made the hubby a big pot of chili before I left for Vegas, thinking it would last all week. Nope. He ate it all in 2 days. I told him he was going to shit himself.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2013