do u know until what age to sterilize baby bottles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unless they get thrush, you only need to sterilize bottles once- when you take them out of the package.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 8:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Agree with KK
    Anonymous

• I bottle fed all 4 of my kids and never sterilized them other then putting them in the dishwasher (which is what our doctor suggested). I didn't always wash them in the dishwasher, though. Sometimes I just washed them in hot soapy water.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I agree with kk bella, just make sure you clean them after every use just like you clean the rest of your dishes
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I boiled them for the first 8 weeks...and now I just wash them after each use.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• When first out of the package and not after that....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i boiled them when they were new but now i just bottle brush them out before i put them in the dishwasher, because he has a formula that seems to stick to the sides bad... it wont just come clean in the dishwasher if i don't bottle brush them out first.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• as long as they get a good washing you shouldnt need to sterilize unless you are on well water.. most public waters are safe... we go straight from the tap and all we do is wash them in the dishwasher...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• very interesting moms!!
    my baby is 5 months old and we still sterilize our bottles...
    Anonymous

• I only did the first time I bought them. Other wise I use dish soap and bottle brush and then feed
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009