How did you choose your wedding date?

No, he hasn't asked me yet but I know it will be soon. I know that people are going to be asking what the date is and I want to be prepared with at least an idea. Right now I'm leaning towards late spring, early summer, late summer or early fall.

How did you decide?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 7:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• We were engaged in November & the summer was too soon with planning a wedding so we looked at fall dates. I wanted to get married on a Saturday. We picked the Catering place & then went through available dates & the Man said "hey Halloween is on a Saturday this year, what do you think?" I said YEA! We were married on Halloween! Not a costume wedding but one of our friends dressed up as a white rabbit & presented me with a carrot bouquet at the reception (I had a pet white rabbit at the time!) It was a blast & we had about 300 people attend!

BTW Congrats & have fun!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I wanted a certain flower from my mother's yard for my bouquet. So, I picked a date when I knew they would be in bloom!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Late summer can be too hot. I'd stay away from that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I wanted our date to be linked to a holiday, we got married on Saint Patrick's day, March 17, it was also in honor of my father who's first name was Patricio which is Patrick in Spanish!

Answer by older at 8:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We went with something easy to remember and something that was soon. I was pregnant, but barely so we wanted to be married before the birth and before I was too huge. Yeah it was a whirlwind wedding, but I loved every moment of it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We pick a place and we decided dec 12 bc that made 1 year of my grandfather free from cancer
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 12:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• First we picked a place. Then we asked what dates they had available. And we picked one. It was 9 months in advance.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• we picked an approximate time frame. For us that was a year. then we found venues and worked around cost and availability.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I wanted a warm, springy, outside wedding...so I chose the month of May. But it rained on our reception... Oh well. The wedding was beautiful, though. Cool, sunny and outside.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 8:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We chose a date between the end of the summer term and the beginning of the fall semester, since I was in college. It was late August, and hotter than the hubs of hell! We had a beautiful wedding cake that melted like molten lava. I wouldn't recommend August.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2013