How can I induce my labor by myself because I dont want to be induced at the hospital....??

Please let me know!!!!!

Briunna

Asked by Briunna at 8:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I was scheduled (with my first) to be induced, and I went into labor on my own the day before the appointment. Let nature takes it course, and if it doesn't happen on it's own, then let trained professionals do it on the day it's scheduled for.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Just don't. Getting induced at the hospital will be safer than trying some at-home scheme that probably won't work anyway.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• The only thing you can do is walk, but don't over do it. Don't rush this. My last 2 babies were a week over due so I know what you are going thru. Take this time to make sure you have everything ready. Is your bag packed? Is everything ready for when you and baby come home? Do you have everything planned out for how you want your delivery to go? Do you have a list of those you want to notify?
    Do you have an appointment to be induced?

Please, please, please don't try breaking your own water (that could mean lots of complications for you and baby) and don't try any of the old wives tales (spicy food, riding over railroad tracks, eating cod liver oil or anything equally as dumb) as they don't work and could endanger you and baby.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Leave it alone.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Due dates can be off by two weeks in either direction. So you may be only 37 weeks and three days.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• my daughter was 2 weeks past due date before they induced me and I walked- jumped up and down...didn't work ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Why don't you wait for contractions, then go to the hospital? If the doctor wants to induce you there is most likely a good reason.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• You can't. Nature is in charge and nothing you do will work unless your body is ready for labor. The usual wives tales are up for grabs Walking, sex, stair climbing, and nipple stimulation. But like I said if your body isn't ready, they won't work. Even an induction at the hospital can fail. You can wait it out. I was supposed to be induced at the hospital, but my old fashioned doctor wanted me to get an enema first to clear me out. Worked like a charm and didn't need the induction after all. Labor kicked in on it's own. BTW Castor oil can cause the baby to have a bm in utero, which would necessitate antibiotics at birth so I would avoid it. Good Luck!! You are almost there, so please be patient.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• The doctor wants to induce... why?? Depending on the circumstances I wouldn't necessarily agree to that. You do NOT have to let him induce just because. He should give you a legitimate reason for wanting to do so. For example baby is in distress, you have gestational diabetes, or something like that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• You don't! Period.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2013