The great crust debate!

Idk why it irks me to cut the crust off of my kid's sandwiches ? This is something my mother started, so this year I said crusts will be left on the sandwich.
Well, first day today, and I was informed 2 kids had non-crust sandwiches!
I know it isn't a big deal to cut them off, but I find it absurd to do so!
To crust or not to crust? That is the question, lol!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I cut it off.... I didn't like it as a kid either. They aren't going to eat it anyways so it seems like a silly battle. There are far worse things to that I need to stand my ground on. Plus they eat more of the sandwich if I cut off the crust vs them trying to eat around it themselves.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• My youngest doesn't like the crust either. I don't have a problem cutting it off for her. I used to give it to our dog who passed about 3 wks ago. Now the birds get it. They can pull it off themselves if you don't have the time to do it, or forget to do it, right? If so, then problem solved :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I don't cut the crusts off unless I'm using our Wonder Bread thingy that makes them into something similar to Uncrustables. It seals the edges, so naturally the crusts are gone.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• We don't waste food. If you want another sandwich or seconds on sides you had better eat the first one... all of it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I think it is something passive aggressive in me, I will cut the crust , but under protest, lol!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I keep the crust on, and my daughter eats it.. no problem.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• DS has never had a problem with it. I have never cut it off for him and he has always eaten the crust. I think cutting the crusts off would be annoying.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• It is a pain however crusts is harder than the bread itself to me and I won't eat it. I don't eat bread often anyways but, I can understand that some just don't like it for whatever reason. My kids ate it though and never asked to cut it off, grandbaby hates crust.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• i dont cut the crust off, sometimes my kids will eat it and sometimes they won't.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I do not an have never cut crust off. I actally like the crust. If the person wants the crust off. They(kid or adult) can do it themselves.

Answer by louise2 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2013