Are you a vet assistant? Or a Veterinarian who started off as an assistant?

I would love some stories on your journey: college courses and how you got your foot in the door (internships, volunteering..etc)! Also, if you had children during the beginning of the whole process, how did you handle childcare, them going to school etc? My son is in elementary school and my dd is 1. I wouldn't be able to register until next year since school is in session but I am concerned about my children. I've only ever had a night shift job and my DH a day job so we could avoid outside childcare and one parent be with the kids. A vet job is a day job. Also, while it is NOT my focus, I'm only curious: do vet assistants make a decent salary? Do they work alongside the doctor? Or eventually perhaps??

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2013 in Money & Work

• Forestry, Paramedic, Navy, Nursing, Cracker Barrel, and now vet assistant. I think it's time to visit your college's career department to help you figure out what you want and what skill sets you currently have. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• lol someone's been following my posts!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• yes I am planning to call admissions tomorrow and set an appointment. thanks :)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2013