How can I get my son to stop his anger?

My son is 17 years old. He is on a summer job and had an altercation with one of the employees. My son where's skinny jeans, the employee approached him saying "you are gay, wearing tight pants" my son angrily took of fence and started an argument that went out of control. He told me he would punch him out.

Islandmommy174

Asked by Islandmommy174 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• He has a right to be angry. Tell him that. But also warn him that if he throws a punch and charges are filed, one moment of rage could change his whole life. Feelings of outrage are okay, but acting on them constructively is crucial. Talking to his supervisor would be a much better way to channel his anger, rather than hitting someone. What does violence prove anyway?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• So you're worried about your son's anger, not the fact that he is being bullied on the job?
    How about you all have a nice sit down with a supervisor?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• You can not get rid of anger, you can only control it.
    The comment was rude. It shows the man's ignorance.
    However if that is the impression those pants give in your area, he may want to change his style to avoid the problem.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• He needs to speak to his supervisor, and you need to get him into counseling to learn how to deal with people.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 2:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Though. The question was not cool but u need to sit him down and talk to him to learn how to manage his anger and again you need to pray for him
    Zubies70

Answer by Zubies70 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• ^^ OH- She's feeling better now!^^ No more excruciating pain, Zubies?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2013