Teen boy dressing as female for Halloween

he's 16. he'll be 17 for Halloween. He wants to be Alice in Wonderland. Dress & all. He's obsessed with the character. Is this too weird? Do you think the kids at school will be nasty or just think it's humorous. I'm actually fine with it but my mom is stressing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Do you like to wear this costume while you are being spanked?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Will he be wearing the costume to school.
    When I was that age we went to a dance the girls in the football uniforms and the guys in the dresses., maybe a dozen of us. We thought it was hysterical.
    Being the misses we were we had to change into dresses after the first half hour or so,.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I truly don't know if this school allows dress-up on campus. He's a new student there. His last high school did allow costumes but he was a wizard last year so it wasn't an issue.
    For the sake of argument let's assume he will be wearing it to school. That is the main concern - will the kids taunt him. I'm just not sure.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• He is a big boy, it is his choice. If he gets taunted he can handle it I am sure.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:59 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Given his age he's aware of the risks. He has also probably researched whether or not costumes are allowed. Let him do as he pleases and stop stressing :) He wouldn't do it if he thought he'd get beaten up for it.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• He won't be the only one who does it, unless times have changed. There were a lot of guys when I went to high school who dressed as cheerleaders or prom queens for Halloween.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• He is old enough to understand what he is doing.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• He's wearing it as a Halloween costume - I think he's a lot less likely to get teased for that than if was wearing an average dress on an average day. I think most people would see it for the funny joke it's supposed to be. And if they don't, he's old enough to think about the consequences of his choices. So either he knows he could get teased and is okay with that, or he's figured out already that his new classmates won't pick on him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• it's fine...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I'm actually fine with it but my mom is stressing.

What business is it of Grandma's?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2013