how do you move on after a broken heart?

I am or I should say, I have been going for the last two years separated from my husband who cheated on me for a younger girl and now has a baby with her and lives with her, but yet he still tells me he loves me and calls me and i of course take his calls because i love him. He tells me he messed up, but he loves his baby and can't see himself leaving the baby.

ceci40

Asked by ceci40 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Kick him to the curb!!!!! YOU are worth more than that!!!! He's trying to keep you hanging on as it helps his self-esteem to have more than one girl pining for him. Let him go and let yourself heal. The longer he's in your life, the worse it will get. I watched my mother love my father while he lived with his new wife (which he cheated on her with). It was horrible to watch my mom go through that and how much she ended up hating him and my step-mother. It did nothing good for her. Good luck hon!!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• as long as you are still giving him the time of day you will never move on..make a clean break and take the chance God has given you and move on
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 8:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Stop taking his calls unless they are about your child.

Get some therapy and figure out what your dreams, your hopes are.

This is not love. This is yucky.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I know it's hard but you have to force yourself from picking up the phone when he calls. He didn't care about your feeling when he cheated on you. Now he's cheating on both of you since you're still married to him and he's living with her. What a jerk...It's time to get mad.....he's playing with both of you. He want to crawl back to you now that he's having problems with his girlfriend. If you make yourself available, he's just going to hurt you again. Don't believe his excuse for not leaving his baby...when a man wants to walk away, he will, regardless of who he hurts. He doens't want to leave his girlfriend and uses you as a sounding board.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't love you! He loves your attention! Two different things. Someone who loves you will not hurt you like that! And you can't really love some one that lies to not only to you, but to the mother of his child! you deserve some one who can share your love.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• unless you want him to cheat on her with you I suggest you quit taking his calls or let her know what's up. He's had 2 yrs. If he were going to come back he'd have done it by now. Cut him loose. Move on and find a guy who wants you and not one who wants two women and have his cake and eat it too. He's emotionally keeping you on a string as a back up. You deserve better than that.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009