How would you have responded?

You go to a park concert.
Take dinner, drinks and some fruit for the kids.

The family next to you (toddlers) isn't watching their kids. They are roaming around, climbing on other peoples chairs, grabbing drinks etc.

One of the kids comes over and starts climbing on your stroller and makes a beeline for the fruit dish.
Dad laughs and asks, "Can he have some"?

What is your response?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 10:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Sure, but my kid already licked them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• That would annoy the crap out of me but I would say OK & put some fruit in a napkin & hand it over to the childs Father to give it to him. Then I'd say "OK you're done!"
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I can't imagine having the gall to ask you that! I wouldn't be letting my kids run around like that to begin with, but if they did get away from me somehow and went after someone's food, I certainly wouldn't be asking if they could have some.

I would have said no. I don't know that I would have even qualified that with the idea that I only brought enough for my kids. My job is to provide for my kids, not all the kids in the world. I don't think think I should have to explain that I only brought enough for my kids - it should be somewhat common sense to realize that people bring enough food for their families, not for all the random strangers that might be at an event.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Because I have a child with food allergies, I would have said something along the lines of "my kid has allergies, and she can only eat this stuff, not stuff from the vendors."

What I probably would be thinking, if my husband didn't already say it (because he has no filter when it comes to rude people) would be "learn some manners then teach them to your children first!"
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Ask your mother, then if the mom said yes I would give it to them. My luck would be the kid had some horrible allergy, and I would end up killing them, lol.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• "sure" .. i'll give some. he/she is a kid after all. although i am personally very considerate about other people's privacy. when my son started to walk, and he would go over to someone's else's table/blanket, i would remove him from there immediately and tell him in front of everyone that "this is WRONG, you do not touch anyone's stuff without their permission. this is does belong to US" (yes i would stress on the those words, lol). if they insisted too much he can share, or they would love for him to share, then i would let me take something, but only a little. i would thank them and still remove him from there.
    so if another kid comes, i'm just grateful it's not mine who's doing this
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• yeah, that's what i have a problem with. all my kids were once toddlers and they never reached for someone else's food, so i dont want to hear that "it was just a toddler" excuse. and then the dad enables the rude behavior by asking if the child could have some, instead of using the opportunity to teach them manners.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I would probably let the kid have a few & then say, that's all we could spare, since I only packed enough for our family. But I do like JJK's idea of saying your kid touched/licked everything! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Yeah, I would have been saying no and telling him to keep a better eye on his kid. What a crock of crap!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Help yourself
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2013