Potty Training Dilemma!

We are on Day 4 of potty training my 2 1/2 year old. She does great with no underwear on. She goes to the potty every time she needs to go. No accidents! As soon as I put underwear on her, she pee's in them. Every single time! It's almost as if she thinks she's wearing a diaper. Do I abort the potty training mission? Is there a way to get past this? Any advice, ideas, or suggestions welcome!!

B_Vail

Asked by B_Vail at 10:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe tell her she's doing great, but "big" girls wear underwear and take them off to go potty?
    maybe show her that YOU wear them?
    *I dunno
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:14 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Skip the underwear. If you're just around the house it doesn't matter.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• She can be naked around the house and throw a diaper on if you go out. It is still early in the process.......one achievement at a time....;)
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I would praise her for her achievements so far and leave off the underwear while you're around the house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I would leave the underwear off for awhile until she realize they aren't diapers/pull-ups. When I potty trained my ds that was the only way he wouldn't wet his pants. He wore long t-shirts around the house.
    Trini

Answer by Trini at 2:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I think she is doing too well to abort the mission haha. Keep at it, she will get it. Maybe she's just a little confused. Keep explaining, maybe get some potty book, which i swear by...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2013