Do you ever feel this way?

A lot of times I feel like I can't ever get my point across when I am speaking to someone. I stumble over my thoughts and feel like I have no idea as to what I am saying. But yet when I write what I am feeling it's like I totally hit the nail on the head.

I don't know why I am not a good speaker and I get all flustered around a group of people. I always feel like I am going to say something wrong so I pretty much just keep to myself.

I want my son to be able to have social skills, but a lot of times I feel like I suffer from it as well. You would think someone who has grown up in a large family could talk, but I can't seem to find my voice. Kinda frustrating! lol

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't TALK much to other people- like real conversation type... so often time I feel like when I DO- I tend ramble and don't make a lot of sense. In fact, night before last after zumba this happened...I was talking to one of the girls -who I talk to -simple, short things here and there, but for some reason, I started talking to her after class and was all over the place with it. Ugh
    makes me crazy, because after it's over, I can't seem to stop dwelling on it and it bugs me

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I felt like that right after giving birth to each of the my kids. It was like my brain wasn't connected to my mouth & I'd forget words midway through a sentence. I looked like a dope at times. It soon passed. I know how you feel though. I just think to myself "who gives a crap what others think" now. When you find a way to push aside your nervousness then you'll be able to speak freely. Remember everyone feels self conscious when talking to a group or a new person. It's not just you! Now I talk to everyone. My DH calls me the "Mayor".
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Hahaha charlot that is me as well. I will sit and think about what I should've said!! lol glad to know I am not the only one that feels that way!! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Does your computer have text to voice software? Practice on that and see if what comes up on the screen is what you are trying to say.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• *voice to text- duh- like Siri or Dragon.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• yeah Paulie.. I need to get to that point to where I could care less. I think that's my problem though... I care too much!! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Not on my computer it doesn't. I do have the Siri thing on my phone, but half the time it never gets what I am saying right... lol I have to speak slow... haha So yeah, maybe it is me! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I am much better at WRITING my opinion and getting it across than I am at speaking. I mean, I can say it, but I'm far more clearer and comfortable writing it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I feel a lot more at ease writing my opinion than talking about it to people I don't know well, but sometime when I try to speak, I get so nervous I ramble or even sammer a bit. I hate it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• My thoughts are that maybe you do not express your thoughts to other adults very often
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2013