PCOS and trying to get pregnant.

I have PCOS. Have one kid. He's 3. when i conceived him, it did take me a little time. according to my doctor i take metaformin (not sure about the spellings) for 4-6 months to control my insulin, and if i didn't conceive during that time, then she would put me on clomid. and if that didn't work either then off to fertility tests. but when i started taking metaformin i conceived the second month. now we have been trying since january 2013. again my doctor refuses to put me on medication and says i should try naturally first (she just told me to get off the pill first so i stopped taking that in dec 2012 ofcourse). I made an appointment to see her and ask her to put me on meds so i can get this over with. i got appointment for next month.
okay for my question, can you give me tips which might help me conceive? my periods dates are crazy so no determining my ovulation days. i have specifically started to eat healthy. cut back a little on sugar as that is already produced a good amount in my body, hence interfering with my reproduction (i don't have diabetes...yet), try to exercise as much as i can. i am lazy but i do try to do brisk walking in my neighborhood atleast 2-3 times a week. please is there anything else that might help me? anyone has PCOS or knows anyone who has PCOS who knows any tips which might help me? i'm trying not to stress but it really is stressing me out

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I was diagnosed w/ PCOS in 2007 and in 2009 I moved and had to start over doctor wise. I ended up by chance seeing an endocronologist and his office also had a part time REPRODUCTIVE endocronologist. Long story short they stopped my metformin and I'd been wrongly diagnosed w/ PCOS. I'd find a specialist as soon as possible, even if you have to travel for it. Confirm your diagnoses, get new ideas. they'll have better ideas.

also have you had many ultrasounds "down there?" learn about your uterus and cervix. for example if you've got a tipped uterus and ONLY have missionary position sex, it's gonna take longer than from behind positions. good luck
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Skip a regular Dr. or OBGYN & go to a Reproductive Specialist. You're wasting time & money otherwise.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I don't know much about PCOS, but I wish you the best of luck. Baby dust to you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• There is a whole group here on CM for moms with PCOS, check them out.

Seek out a reproductive specialist. If you don't like the way the treatment is going find another one. There are other medications you might need such as Bromocriptine, and/or Clomid.

I don't know how old you are, but if you have PCOS you really need to see a specialist regardless of how long you've been trying to conceive. Good Luck!
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• thanks for the advices ladies. you guys are right.
    hibbingmom: yes i got ultrasounds and tests done which diagnosed my PCOS. that was when i was about 15-16 when my periods became really irregular. i would have them for 16-17 days. so my mom had me tested and the doc put me on medication which made my cycle normal. that was such a long time ago so i dont really remember what 'type' of PCOS was that. i have no idea where the copy of the tests are anyways. maybe i could tested again since it's been such a long time. plus they says the cyst sometimes changes size over time.
    Ryansmom: i'm 30 years
    cookie269

Comment by cookie269 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• let me know what you find out. I have pcos also but I just started trying.
    Skittles4069

Answer by Skittles4069 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2013