my 35 year old daughter with asburgers is mad and wont let me see my grand children that i have helped raise what do i do?

my grand children also have asburgers and i have asked my daughter to move out because she tells everyone lies about me and says im trying to take her kids. that is not true i just want to make sure they are safe.

Sassyagogo

Asked by Sassyagogo at 11:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Multiple members of your family have a condition that you don't even know the name of?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• So she has a condition you don't know the name of, you told her she needs to move out (while her kids stay) because she is "Telling lies about you trying to take said kids away from her"...... what does that sound like, oh yeah you trying to take the kids away from her...sounds like you're the mad one here.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• It's Asperger. What makes you think they are not safe? Is it just because she has Asperger's? Or are there other things going on that concern you?

I went through a time where I wouldn't let my mom see my kids... at least without me around. She is an alcoholic and I didn't want them around that. Of course, she said I was telling lies about her. She thought they were lies because she didn't think she had a problem. So there are always two sides to a story.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Asperger
    Why do you think the kids are not safe?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• if you have valid concerns that they're being fed, bathed. etc you can call for a welfare check

otherwise.... let her cool down. she does have the right to take a break from you, and they are her kiddos.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• what does Aspergers have to do with he situation?

An excuse the OP is using to say "See I'm right and she's not taking care of her kids" to garner support. It's failing....not to mention so she could say assburgers.....which is a totally different condition the OP apparently suffers from. 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• kristi
      you and your quote in the blue box...grrr- i am jealous
      ;)

I owe it to you, you know....I was trying to figure out how you break cafemom all the time and instead I learned to quote in pretty blue boxes..I feel like a timelord. 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• bull
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• are you coming back to enlighten us OP or are you done?
    There are many high functioning people with aspergers, so unless she is neglecting them you can't do anything.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I thought the same thing as not panicking... How in the world do you not know how to spell the condition your daughter and grand babies you helped raise all have.. But then again I can't spell to save my life so whatever lol

But I agree with hibbingmom... Unless you think they are in danger or being neglected then u need to back off. You may have had a hand in raising them but they are her kids. She has the rights here and can decide how much of you she wants around and when. I would just let her calm down and take some time.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2013