are some kids systems just not made for natural products? I have two kids close in age and one can eat anything fine. The other has had problems when we try new things, especially local. Last year she was 6 and got botulism from raw local honey. It was SO SCARY, she was terribly terribly sick. And yesterday she picked organic raspberries from a friends parents private garden and she was up all night long in agony with stomach cramps and vomiting. 3 others kids ate then at same time and they are fine. She also once years ago had issues from wild rice, also local. thoughts?Answer Question
how does she do with other fruits?
Answer by feralxat at 11:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2013
Answer by mommy_jules at 11:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2013
I think the botulism is just that. She got sick from the bacteria. That's why babies can't eat honey. The other things are unrelated altogether. I think she just may have eaten too many raspberries & the seeds were just too much to digest at once. That happened to me with blackberries from a farm stand. I just ate too many at once. Rice is also hard to digest, especially wild rice. She has a tender digestive system. Everything in moderation & I'd steer clear or honey unless you buy it from grocery store. Botulism has to do with the preparation & cleanliness of the process. So whoever made it wasn't very clean.
Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2013
Answer by feralxat at 12:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2013
Answer by m-avi at 1:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2013
Answer by Ballad at 4:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2013
Answer by preacherskid at 11:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2013
Answer by preacherskid at 11:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2013
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: