So this is happening right now... adult content

From my Facebook news feed:

Schuylkill County Police Activity
Shenandoah- Police have a 3 year old female who does not know her own name. She was walking around with a pitbull on center street. Police could not capture the dog. Child is now in custody of pd until parents call to get her. Anybody missing a child???

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!

PartyGalAnne

Asked by PartyGalAnne at 12:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• not when they are not neuro typical

my child's name is Isabel
    not hard to say
    and she still said only four words when three

NOT ALL CHILDREN FOR INTO YOUR PREFECT WORLD

instead of wondering why a lost 3 year old can not speak as well as your prefect child, the focus should be on why a parent is not out looking for a child that wandered off, and who was not watching as child escaped and wandered
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• how does a 3 year old not know her own name?

My Child could SPELL her name by 3 years old!

Answer by nekkiddoglady 2 minutes ago
    -------------------------------------------------------------

mine could not say her name until 3.5 and then you could not tell what she was saying
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• mine get shy when people ask them their names, so maybe she didn't want to tell them. i don't see what that has to do with anything anyways. maybe she was scared, confused, etc. poor baby :( hopefully she will not be released back to the custody of the parents.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• No, not all children this age have something that they call themselves

We do not know anything about this child
    And it really does not matter if the child could spell their name for the police in five languages or the child has a disability and can not communicate like you expect "normal" children to do at this age

The point is the parent was not watching a three year old and they wandered off
    Children do wander off, some more than others (mine still a flight risk at six), but a parent should notice their child is gone and contact authorities

Not all children call themselves something, at least not in my world

Focus on the adult and the lack of parenting, not the ability of a three year old ...priorities!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I actually have friends on my FB page saying "The kid just took the dog for a walk, she was only 3 houses away." like thats acceptable.
    -----------------------------
    there are a few moms on this block that would be in the same situation if police drove by
    they leave their 2.5 and 3 year olds outside with no adult

I have ABA therapists in my home six days a week, and i know they are required to report situations
    just waiting for them to see one of three year olds walking down the street alone and maybe even crossing the street!

speech or not, spelling bee grand champ or not- three year old should not be outside without an adult or a appropriatly aged babysitter
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Those parents had better be incapacitated in some way... Like dead, in a coma, kidnapped etc, for that to be excusable! (Not that I wish harm on them, but I can't imagine not knowing where your toddler is)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• At least she took the dog with her. But seriously, wtf!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Ugh, mine are all accounted for.

Seriously, HTF does one lose a child??

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• fiat- get 'em girl!

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Mine did not call herself anything at that age
    At three and a half, with tons of therapy, she started to try to say her name
    She would take off all the time
    But difference is, that I was hyper veligent and was on her tail like Velcro

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2013