Do babies normally hate blankets?

My 18 month old baby girl hates being covered up with blankets. Even if it's a light sheet. EVEN if the room is cold, she will wake from a deep sleep to kick off any covering. She's done this since she was a few months old. I can't stop myself from reflexively covering her. :)

RaylenJoy

Asked by RaylenJoy at 12:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL- mine is the same age and same way.
    Yea for jammies :)

here's our problem. When he goes to sleep its warm but come about 4 a.m. the air gets chilly. Meh- he continues to sleep until 9 a.m. or so. So I guess he is comfy?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• My 15mo old does this too, just keep her in warm jammies and it wont be a problem if she kicks them off
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• my ds did. I put him in footie pajamas in the winter, problem solved. :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Maybe try a different texture? My daughter doesn't like the normal blanket feel but loves the texture of towels. So we just buy her different sizes like the larger body towels to put over her when she sleeps and the regular body towel to hold and cuddle with. My son loved the super soft blankets and has to have it a certain way to be comfortable. Try going to the store and have her pick out a blanket she likes. That way she picked it out she is more likely to want to use it.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 1:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Both of my sister's kids hated blankets from their earliest days. My daughter loved to be wrapped up tight as a baby, but now she kicks off any covers that touch her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• One of mine HAS to be covered, even if it is warm. My other REFUSES to be covered, even when cold. Put a blanket on her and she wakes up angry.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• That sounds pretty common. I would just put them in warmer pj's
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• my son does the same thing but he loves the warm fuzzy blankets he cant sleep with out one in his crib
    logansmommy2533

Answer by logansmommy2533 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2013