Pretty sure what I just put into the crockpot isn't going to be edible for dinner...

two chicken breasts
chicken broth
johnnys seasoning salt
black pepper
paprika
garlic powder
oregano
dark chili powder
packet of hot sauce
tomato paste

I was going for shredded chicken for dinner but the liquid just tasted salty and peppery

I let my kid help and she was so proud of it that I didn't have the heart to toss it and start over.

Ever cook anything that doesn't taste good?

If it's awful I might be able to rinse and save the chicken.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Food & Drink

• The liquid is going to cook off and season the chicken. You're not going to drink it. It will be fine.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• put some rice, noodles or potatoes in there to suck up the juices
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• It was this recipe

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/mexican/slow-cooker-shredded-taco-chicken.html

But I didn't have cumin and I think I mixed the broth wrong- like too much broth for the water. Then of course dumped salt and pepper in.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I've cooked things I didn't like the taste of, but my sweet husband is like a garbage disposal and will eat anything! I'm sure the chicken will be fine, if there's too much water it will just dilute the flavor of the seasonings.

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Add some vegetables with the potato's like the previous lady said. Nice side dish in one!
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 1:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Girl, it will be just fine. Like PGA said, the liquid will cook off and it will be just great. ENJOY!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• It sounds to me like it will taste really good. Just wait, your house will smell heavenly pretty soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I just read your frozen burrito question 1st. Does this mean this meal was a bust? Too spicy? If so, don't feel bad. We all have our moments.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Lol no I don't know yet. Few more hours to dinner.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Sounds like it will be fine. If nothing else, take out the chicken and shred it when it's done. Leave the remaining juice in the pot.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2013