Does hormonal birth control make you moody?

:/

I am on the mini pill and it puts my head in a fog. I can tell when I forget to take it because I start feeling more productive.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Health

• it makes me puke like I did in the first half of both my pregnancies, I never kept taking it long enough to see if the side effects wore off, I hate to puke
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Weird- I have been doing that a lot more lately. Especially in the mornings. I thought it was just stress. All the pregnancy tests I have taken came back negative.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• makes me suicidal
    cant take the stuff
    it's like PMDD *shudder
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I took it for years with no side effects

Answer by missanc at 4:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I'm betting it's not so much the pill as it is a recent move & 2 kids 3 & under! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I could never take it. I was such a raging bitch on it that I couldn't stand it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Yeah. Probably everything.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Yes it can.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Moody, no. It sent me to the emergency room almost every month for a year with killer ass migraines, which stopped as soon as I finally figured out what was going on and quit taking the pills.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Oh, the mini pill doesn't give me migraines, just the kind with estrogen does. But the mini pill didn't work for me, either. I got pregnant on it twice. Lost those babies, but still, they were conceived on the progesterone only pill.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2013