Are there any microwave burritoes that taste good?

Suggestions?

Most that I have tried are just crap.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Food & Drink

• General rule, anything that has "microwave" as an adjective is going to taste like crap compared to making it on a stove, oven or grill (whichever is appropriate)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• The only time they are good is when you are drunk or high... I believe.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Never had one I liked lol
    hau_siyoka

Answer by hau_siyoka at 3:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Nope, I have never liked any in the microwave. I like to stick them in the oven though. These El Montrey Chimichangas are good.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• How about frozen burrito. That better?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Let's face it. It's a microwave burrito. Meant to be enjoyed by drunk college students at 3am. How good do you really need it to be?
    They're all basically just mush inside. Authentic imitation meat, reconstituted frozen re-fried beans, cheese which is more plastic than anything else, and then a ton of spices to cover up the flavor of the non-ingredients.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I've heard the EVOL brand is pretty good. Have no idea if they are national or just a Colorado thing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Jose Ole makes a half way decent mini taco type thing. But they're only good if done on a cookie sheet in the oven. The only thing remotely close to what you want that I would actually find edible are the Lean Pockets.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I make my own and freeze them. Just breasts in a crock pot with enchilada sauce and taco seasoning for 5 hours, shred the meat and return for an hour (if you use tenderloins it shreds by itself, practically). You can add whatever else you like to it - chilies, rice, sour cream, cheese. I usually get around 20 burritos/enchiladas in a batch. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

balagan_imma
    Answer by balagan_imma 21 minutes ago

They are okay...not good. And, I baked them instead of nuking them, when I tried them.

So, NO Staci there are no good microwave burritos.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2013