OK, so this makes me crazy! Just read debates re:whether or not it's safe to smoke marajuana when pregnant?! Really?

There was a post recently re: Is it selfish to not want children? My response was overwhelmingly NO. Some people just aren't ready to be parents! To even ask if it's ok to smoke marijuana during pregnancy is the most selfish thing I've ever heard! Considering there are diets you should follow, foods to avoid to have a healthy pregnancy, how much water to drink, how much weight is healthy, exercise concerns, should we even ask that question??? When you bring a child into the world it's no longer about you! If you have a problem giving up anything that isn't healthy you aren't ready! This answer won't be popular because it involves sacrifice, ownership, and responsibility. Forget what statistics "show", in your heart of hearts is it right? Anyone agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• i agree completely, though there are people that will defend smoking it while pregnant to the death. "but it helps me eat and i wasnt hungry" "but it doesn't make the baby high" etc etc... unless it's MEDICINAL then any woman that doesn't give it up should have her child taken from her when she gives birth to it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I agree, I don't think a woman should smoke anything while pregnant. I also think a lot of prescription drugs should not be ingested while pregnant. But, I'll admit, I'm paranoid, I refused to take even Tylenol while pregnant.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I Agee 100%! Some questions shouldn't even be debated!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Unfortunately there are children born addicted to things all the time. It's really sad. I have to wonder w/ the legalization of it for medicinal purposes, if people are feeling it's OK now. IDK, just a thought.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I'm all for the legalization of marijuana for adults that aren't pregnant. Do what you want, just keep it away from children.

You can't get closer to a child than smoking while pregnant, whether it's marijuana or tobacco. Both are just stupid.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I agree with you I don't think ppl shoul smoke while pregnant! And if u smoke after you give birth as long as u donut away from the kids and in private then to each is your own
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Wow. Seriously, there are some things you'd think would be no brainers. Stay away from any drug you don't absolutely have to use while pregnant, which would definitely include marijuana, and only take medications under the advice of a doctor. The only wiggle room that *might* be excusable is if a woman has debilitating nausea or pain, like from cancer or migraines, a qualified doctor might decide that marijuana is safer than some of the prescription painkillers on the market. But to smoke it just for recreation while pregnant is just unconscionable.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• no
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2014