Both kids haveing tummy troubles for a week but no other signs of being sick ???? adult content

So it all started last Friday night my oldest said she had diarrhea . I told her its ok it happens sometimes maybe something you ate didn't agree with your belly. She still has it and about 2-3 days later my middle daughter had diarrhea and they both have it still .. Its not like they are running to the bathroom or having accidents ( a few skid marks sometimes) they don't have any other symptoms no fever body aches they are eating fine and drinking. and they don't really complain about their bellys hurting sometimes they say they feel it bubbling and its uncomfy. It happens 2- times a day it seems like. What on earth could it be it cant be food poisoning , and I don't think they are sick. Could it maybe just be a mild tummy bug or something? I haven't given them any type of medicine for them should I and if so what should I give them? Oh and me hubby n 2 month old baby are fine have no problem...

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Health

• Let it run it's course

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Did they go back to school? Sometimes a change in diet will trigger a reaction like that for a short while.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• School started this week but they had it before school. I gave them both a 1/2 peto bismol to see if it helps a little and some gatoraid
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Sound gross. But have you checked their poop after they went. Like, tell them not to flush so you can see it. To see if it is really diarrhea?

Some times kids do not know what is really happening.

I am like this, if they do not have a fever. Or running to the bathroom.  They are not sick.

If it keeps up. Bring them to the doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Yea no its diarrhea not only have I seen ive actually heard it . mmm kids and their mystery sicknesses
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• They could have gotten a bacteria that irritated their stomach lining and now the body is trying to get rid of it. The most important thing when a child has diarrhea for an extended length of time is to make sure they are hydrated. I would avoid milk and most juices and instead give them almond milk, low sugar gatorade and fresh juice like carrot blends- in the refrig. section of the produce area. I would also give them Stoneyfield organic yogart to replentish thier good bacteria in the gut. Make sure they wash thier hands and if it continues longer than 2 weeks total, I would see my pediatrician.
    heartofawarrior

Answer by heartofawarrior at 11:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2013