My Fears in Pregnancy...

Well here I am 19 weeks pregnant and you would think after being pregnant twice before you would think this third time would just be a breeze well let me tell you I have more anxiety with this pregnancy than I have with the other 2 pregnancies. I am constantly worrying about making sure food is fully cooked and that there is no pink spots in any of my meat and etc. I am constantly worrying about eating off of dirty dishes in a restaurant or at someone else home or etc. I also worry about if someone has a mouse in there house and they had dropping inside a cooking pan and some stupid person just dumped them out and dint even bother washing the pan or just started cooking with the pan that this could make my baby and me sick,..I hate the anxiety I have I am always asking my boyfriend for reassurance and having him tell me everything will be okay and etc...I don't get where this anxiety has come from I have had 2 previous healthy pregnancy's before and this one is also smooth flowing but I am constantly worrying or having a what if moment....Can anyone please give me any advice to calm down my anxiety yes I know I should talk to a doctor and I plan on too when I have my appointment next week but I don't want to take medication or etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• IF all is okay & you have had already two others please relax....stress is BAD for the baby. Although every pregnancy is different if you are all healthy, tests okay, try to chill for you & baby sake & enjoy.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Thank you...I guess I just look into things way to much....such as the mice poop thing, and dirty dishes and food...I dont know where this anxiety has come from I think its because I am responsible for an unborn baby inside of me that I guess i worry about what I am doing and whats going in my body :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• its good to be cautious obviously & have a clean home etc. mice poop? yuck but don't raise the blood pressure over it, I have two kids & my 2nd pregnancy I was stressed the whole time it was so different, try to chill, warm baths, read, reeeeelax
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• The only thing I can say is if you are that freaked out. Eat and drink only food and drinks you make.Clean the dishes yourself. Tell the baby is born. Like you said, you have had 2 other normal pregnancies. Nothing happened to those.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Mayb you should talk to your ob if u have that much stress and anxiety ... That's a lot to think about all the time
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• try drinking some hot tea. i used to get like that but only at night, during the day i was too busy dealing with the other kids to even think about it. i started drinking tension tamer with honey in it. if your having trouble sleeping, drink some sleepy time (aka bedtime, storytime,) see if that helps
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• I agree with rachel - you might want to talk to your ob if your stress/anxiety level seems unreasonably high. I know there are a lot of things to worry about, being pregnant,and it's good to know how to be careful, but if you know you're doing all you're supposed to and you're still feeling stressed your ob might be able to help you. I'd also suggest some sort of calming routine or treat - people mentioned tea, but whatever is soothing for you would work.

Just do all you can to reduce stress for yourself and for the baby. It'll be okay, really.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Pregnancy can be a fearful time, but it sounds like you have a little more anxiety than is typical. I have panic attacks sometimes, and deep breathing helps tremendously, even though it sounds kind of trite. When you start getting spun up, try making yourself stop and take five slow deep breaths, because just that little break in focus may be enough to switch your mind off the trigger that is trying to grab you. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• discuss everyinng with your dr.
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2014