Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I have three boy from my ex and dont claim for child support b cuase they say I wont get much bcuase he s alreadypaying child support for 2 other TEENAGER AND HE PAY 950.00 PER MONTH WITCH HE DOESNT G

For him not even to psu his bill what can I do to get help

Answer Question

Asked by 33chona99 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • File for child support, doesn't matter what "they" say. File anyway.

    Answer by kmath at 9:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • ^^ This

    Answer by DJDNY at 9:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • 1. You don't have to put the entire question in the 1st box. That's a summary. The rest you can put in the box below. 2. Spelling and punctuation really do help us help you.

    With that out of the way, let me attempt to help you.
    Who says you won't get much? I'm guessing it isn't a child support worker.
    File for child support. I do believe that most states go by a percentage of his income. If I were you, I would either talk to a lawyer or talk to someone at the child support agency.

    Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • How old are your boys?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • Oh my goodness darlin', you need to take that man to court and make him responsible for those children.
    How on earth did you end up in such a predicament?
    Bless your sweet heart, you hang in there and keep your head high ok.

    Answer by raelynnrocks

    I am just going to steal someone else's answer because it's perfect.
    Bless your heart OP


    Answer by feralxat at 10:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • I agree. File anyway. It's not your fault, or the fault of your boys, that your ex has other kids.

    Answer by Ballad at 10:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • Best of luck to you

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2013

  • File for child support. "They" are often wrong.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

  • Even if "they" are right and you don't get much, it would still be better than nothing, wouldn't it?

    Answer by goldpandora at 4:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

  • File. Even if you don't get much, your children are entitled to the financial support of their father - and you can have him held in contempt for failure to pay, and that threat (or actually being held in contempt a time or two) might be enough to make him pay.

    As far as his other kids, those aren't your problem. They have a mother (or mothers, depending), who can take care of them. You need to worry about your kids.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.