My 10 month old has a mole/ wart on his bottom? adult content

We have shown his doctor this growth that appeared on his bottom after we switched to a different diaper brand. They did not know if is was a wart or a mole but they said to keep an eye on it. I worry about it a lot because when I change his diaper it occasionally looks like it has grown, sometimes it just looks like a large pimple with pus inside but I always leave it be. A few times while changing his diaper it has started to bleed a little. I do not know what it could be, I worry that it is cancerous, he had a ct scan when he was three months old to check for brain and skull abnormalities. He is a healthy baby, he has vision problems and he a bit of a slow learner but other then that he is always happy and very healthy. He is almost a year old and has only gotten sick once. Is there any advice anyone can give me? I am so tired of worrying, his doctors do not see anything wrong.

*his doctor did bring another woman into the room to look at the grwoth, she was going to send me to a dermatologist but I do not remember if she said this woman was one or just knowledgeable on the topic. She told me that it was either a mole or a wart that could be cause by a virus. She said it was to small to take a culture sample from and said that if it did not get better they would put him on antibiotic. She basicly told me to keep putting on diaper rash creme. 

EmmySmith

Asked by EmmySmith at 2:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask for a referral to a dermatologist.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I agree, ask to see a specialist. If the thing is bleeding, it can't be comfortable for the baby, and I'd worry about infection from contact with the diaper.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Bring him to see a Dermatologist ASAP. Just call your Pediatrician today & ask for the phone number to one they recommend or call your own Dr. & ask who they recommend.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• It doesn't sound like either a wart or a mole. Get a derm appointment. It could be infected and if it is bleeding it needs to be seen.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I also would go to a dermatologist.

Answer by missanc at 9:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• She said it was to small to take a culture sample from
    Nonsense!

i had a spot on my forehead. Thought my years of tanning had finally caught up to me. Had a biopsy- it was basically a zit. It was about this big (), perhaps a little smaller.

Talk to a skin pro.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Monday morning I am calling his doctor, and I am going to set up a dermatologist appointment. It did not appear until we switched to the cheaper diaper brand. He got a terrible rash. when we switched back that was the only spot that did not go away.
    EmmySmith

Comment by EmmySmith (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2013