Got bored today, so me and dd went to a painting gallery, and this painting by a woman by the name of Lisa Fittipaldi...this woman is awesome!

I Googled this woman's name and learned more about her and saw what all other painting shje has done...check these out!

She has others, but these were my favorite. And you know, she is BLIND!! Wow! According to her bio, she began as a watercolorist and then she learned how to distinguish by feeling the differences in the primary colors. Then it goes on and describes how she does the other paintings. 

But her work was amazing, and what was amazing to me ther most was the fact she was blind. Those colors are so bright! 

Anyway, I know most of you wouldn't care, I just thought is it was so cool. That and the fact in my narrow minded thinking never occured to me someone who was blind could paint like that.  

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Interesting!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Right! Any painting I do usually involves me having to buy new clothes.. lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• That's really cool. I'm going to look the artist up on Google and read about her. I've never painted, but I've heard of some blind people who do it by having someone lay down lines of hot wax on a surface so they can feel where the paint should go and then they scrape the wax off when they're done. Did your daughter enjoy the outing?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Oh yeah! Especially when they let her loose in the 'painting room' with 100% washable paint. She looked like nickelodeon threw up.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• That is so amazing.
    It is wonderful what we can do if we really want to find a way to do it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I just went and read about her- though these are not my kind of thing...I think they are beautiful, the colors are beautiful.  I guess she started painting after going blind and now is an author of the ones I found I love these:

and that first one you posted -the colors are amazing on that one

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I like this one ... she is just ... wow. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I love the one with bottles. What an amazing artist she is!

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Amazing! I love all the colors.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• beautiful work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2013