moms that have potty trained a little boy.....please help!!

my husband told me that we cant potty train our 2 year old little boy until he can hold his pee through the night. is that true?? i have nobody else i can ask so any help given will be greatly appreciated.

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not true, because some children will have bladder issues at night, and there isn't anything that can really be done about that. But that doesn't mean they won't be fully potty trained during the day. Just keep in mind boys train later, and 2 may be too early. So give it a go, and if it's not working, give him a break for a few months. If he's telling you when he's going, asking for a diaper change, curious about you or daddy on the potty, I'd def give it a try.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That is not true, he may need to still wear pull ups @ night, but he can be potty trained durig the day. Lots of kids do this. My daughter was potty trained 2 day time since she was 18 months old. But I was too scared that she would wet the bed, so I kept her in pull ups 2 night until after she was 2 years old.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 8:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I've never heard of that.

What I do know --- through experience --- is that boys will potty train when they want to and not a minute sooner. The more you push, the more they resist.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not true! I have potty trained three boys thank you very much and I have never had that as a rule. I know there a moms out here that will tell you they have trained their sons at a young age but my rule of thumb is this...train them when they are two it will take you a year...train them at three and it will take you a week. This has been tried and true for me...hope this helps.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sounds like hubby is making it up because he doesn't want to potty train yet. You only need to wait until the boy is big enough to find undies that fit and big enough to not fall through the hole in the toilet! I trained my 3 year old in 2 weeks. The freedom is wonderful!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009