Kraft's Zesty Guy Is Back and You Can Thank One Million Moms For That

Ok, yes, this might possibly be just an excuse to post pics of the Zesty guy, but what's wrong with that? The serious question - when boycotting blows up so spectacularly in an organization's face like this, why do they continue to boycott others in the same manner?

The ad campaign that freaked out the easily freaked out group One Million Moms has had a second burst of energy. This time around, Zesty Guy isn't in the kitchen, but is instead doing some regular activities that you could be taking part in with him (and his dressing).

There are five new imagesZesty Guy is buried in the sand, he's eating raspberries he presumably just picked, he's lying down on a court after playing tennis, he's riding a mechanical bull and he's chillaxing in a hammock on the beach. Each corresponds to different new flavors of Kraft's dressing, like Raspberry Vinaigrette or Thousand Island.

The agency who represents the photographer who shot the campaign, Bernstein & Andriulli, say that's it's actually because One Million Moms got all hot and bothered about the photos that everyone involved was stoked that they'd already decided to do a second round. [Update: Bernstein & Andriulli has updated their blog post to make it clear that One Million Moms can't really take full credit for the campaign getting a second life; it was the positive and negative feedback that got everyone all excited.] Explained photographer Douglas Friedman before that blog post was amended:

"[One Million Moms] generated so much interest in advertisements that had already run their course, breathing a second life into Zesty. It inspired the entire creative team to make this next series of images even better and to push it a little farther."

According to Friedman, Davis, the model, thinks it's all pure hilarity, probably because it's his job to think so.

"I mean, you're shooting salad dressing with a naked guy on a mechanical bull. It better be fun."

Wait I think I just got it...dressing...like UNdressing.

http://jezebel.com/krafts-zesty-guy-is-back-and-you-can-thank-one-million-1137856405

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• "why do they continue to boycott others in the same manner?"

Probably because it rarely DOES blow up in their faces. But when it does, it's spectacular.....

I love Zesty Guy and then I remember I am old enough to be his mother and gross myself out.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I love Zesty Guy and then I remember I am old enough to be his mother and gross myself out.

Some men like cougars, ya never know :p
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• What kind of woman can hate the zesty guy? He's hot.

I always knew they had some screws loose but they can't be human.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Wait, what? I have to be happy about something those idiots did? I love Zesty guy!

when boycotting blows up so spectacularly in an organization's face like this, why do they continue to boycott others in the same manner?

Seriously though, it doesn't very often. It is more likely that companies will buckle under their demands and that is just sad.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Guess I missed something....why exactly are they boycotting Zesty man?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

Because he's all dirty and sexy n stuff, at least that's what their form letter boiled down to.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Some crazy religious groups. Can't have any fun.

Answer by louise2 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Hmm.... maybe I'll have salad for lunch...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• There are some things that I do agree with OMM about (yeah, like some of you couldn't have figured that out), but this one I don't understand. He's an adult man who happens to be attractive, and he's happy about his salad dressing. Go figure. When I don't agree with them, I don't jump on the bandwagon. When I do agree with them, I write my own letter to the companies involved explaining why. I don't think swamping companies with form e-mails does anything but annoy them. If I am not concerned enough to take the time to send them my own words, then I'm not concerned enough to care. KWIM?

But this one *shrug* yeah, I don't understand. God made good looking people. There's nothing wrong with saying, "Hey, he's good looking."
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Zzzzzzzesty!!! I also will have salad today.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2013