• In the Spotlight:

What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it what you are doing now?

The other day my son was telling me that he wanted to be a firefighter and then he wanted to be a police officer. It got me thinking about when I was younger and of all the things that I wanted to be. I knew that I wanted to be a mom, a teacher, and a missionary. Well, I am a mom, I am working on becoming a teacher (1 year left!), and I did do short-term overseas mission work. What about you?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to be a vet and then I realized that I am allergic to most pets. I then wanted to be a dr but I realized that that was a lot of schooling. Okay so at abut 9 or 10 I decided I wanted to be a nurse. I also wanted to be a mom. Well I am a mom, a medical assistant (close to a nurse) and 18 mos out of getting my RN. I am so psyched to go back to school.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be an architect. My math ability stinks, though I have artistic ability. My dad (who got A's in college Calculus, etc. and was an electronics engineer) told me to ditch that dream. I ended up doing Scientific Glassblowing and later on art glass.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be 3 things, a vet/marine biologist and a journalist....today I'm stuck at Xerox making copies and delivering mail.....blah!
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• the first thing i remember wanting to be was the pink power ranger!! LMAO-i didnt grow up to be a power ranger and im kinda bummed! then i wanted to be a vet and found out that animals can die so i changed my mind about that. now i think i want to be a surrogate mom. really i want to do that.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yep. I am a mom! I wanted to be an artist and write childrens books too. I paint and draw. I am thinking about selling some stuff. I keep thinking about doing the book thing. Maybe I'll start it up when my baby is a little older. That way he can enjoy it too.
    rena_goldmoon

Answer by rena_goldmoon at 9:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm happy being a SAHM and I'll go back to work one day but not now. I worked in the clerical field for an insurance company for 10 years before I had my first son. I think if you're a SAHM it's great and if you're a working mom it's great and knowone should judge you. To each is own.
    '
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 9:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I want to be a juornalist. That is all I have ever wanted to be. I am going to school for it now so hopefully I will be soon.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be an astronomer when I was a little girl--loved to look at the stars through my little telescope. Now I am a nurse. I still like to look at the stars, though.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I remember most wanting to be a brain surgeon (no idea where I came up with that one) Anyway, one year for Christmas someone bought me a book for kids called "Beginner Brain Surgeons". I read through and said "There's so much BLOOD!" And that was the end of that. I also wanted to be a meteorologist because I love watching weather only I suck at math and science so that was a bust. Then I just wanted to be a storm chaser except IT DOESN'T STORM IN SOUTHERN CA! So somehow I ended up in radio. Go figure.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I said I wanted to be an artist and a teacher,... those were my two dream jobs. Now, I homeschool my children while working at home doing computer graphic art, so I guess in a way I ended up being what I wanted :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009