I just spoke to my Sister & her home was robbed yesterday afternoon :(

I called her after she got home from work last night & we were talking for a while & she mentioned her lamp was moved. Then she went to get her Kindle & it was gone. She realized all her jewelry was gone, her Laptop, Kindle, car keys to two cars and more. They broke into her bedroom window while she was at work & took their time apparently & put everything back it it's place before they left. Jewelry was hidden very well & found. The Police think they know who it was but she never took pictures of her Jewelry & many pieces were antiques & Tiffany. I feel so bad for her. I wish I could turn back time for her & stop those Bastards.

Have you ever been robbed?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 11:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Yes it really hurts.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Only our cars, not the house, though it was a stressful time until we could replace the garage door opener they snagged. Our neighborhood watch group started a few years later after a woman was tied up and robbed a few blocks over, and nobody would answer the door when she ran for help. Does her neighborhood have one? The police have a lot of resources that might help her (both anxiety-wise and making sure the house is secure if they come back)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I haven't. I'm so sorry this happened.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• My car has been broken into, but nothing big. So sorry for your sister !
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Who do the police think it was?
    Family?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• No. So far.

Answer by louise2 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Twice in the same home.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• A couple times. From my house? Just once and it was my brothers friend that stole a gold ring that my mother bought me. Couldn't prove it, but this guy regularly steals stuff from my brother still (over 20 years later). We have had two cars broken into and things stolen and destroyed. I'm sorry your sister is going through this. It really makes you feel vulnerable when your space has been violated like that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I'm really sorry this has happened to your sister. I hope she can get past it quickly and tht she finds her important jewelry.

I had my apartment ransacked once, but nothing was taken. The police thought it was probably a maintenance worker looking for cash, which I didn't have. It was creepy, though, feeling like a stranger had violated my very personal space.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• NotPanicking, the Detective is coming back today to talk to her. He said it was too bad she didn't have photos of her jewelry though. She is calling the stores where she purchased some of it to see if she can get the receipts that she can't find. She also has to get new key fobs programmed for her cars which cost a lot. She has no Neighborhood watch program in fact it had to be someone who knew her, the inside of her home & her work schedule they said. Now she also lost a days pay for today :(

ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2013