I feel like he does not care

A month ago his cousin asked me if he cound go fishing trip with him and I said yes.scince monday I have really been depressed .I'm a stay at home mom and does not have a car and not another of things to do without a car.I have told him I have been depressed and he still wants to go .I fell like if someone you love it depressed you wounld want to stay home with them and try to find what is wrong but he just wants to leave.....I'm wrong for not wanting hom to stay home bc I'm depressed .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• What will he do for you if he stays home?

Answer by louise2 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• You will still be depressed so let him go. The key to winning over depression is to do something wonderful for someone else. So while he is gone, plan and do something wonderful for him and surprise him when he gets home!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Speaking as someone who's dealt with depression, you can't expect everyone else to stop living their lives just because you are depressed. If he absolutely doesn't care, if he never asks how you are or what's bothering you, then that's a problem and should be dealt with. But you expecting him to give up a fishing trip that was planned a month ago because you're depressed isn't fair.

Also, when you're depressed, as much as it will suck to hear this, people will just want to leave. Especially if you're just saying "I'm depressed, I want you to stay with me". People can only handle so much negativity. Take initiative and try to get out of this funk: exercise, try to eat healthier, get outside into the sun, see a doctor or therapist if it's necessary.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• You need to see a doctor immediately to get your depression under control. Deal with your health first.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 12:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• The main problem is that he ddoes not help out and does not spend any time with us , a feel a single mom
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• For helping out: Give him a list of things to do. They used to call it Honey-Do lists.

For spending time: Give him a reason to do so. Like, go fishing with him. Or come up with things you all can do together as a family.

Now, if you've been doing that and it's not working, COUNSELING. Find a bus or take a taxi if you must.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Honey do list I have 1 form 3 months ago......he does not want us with him whem he fishs bc we bother him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Well, if he wants to go fishing by himself, okay. But what if you suggest that the next weekend, you both take the kids for a picnic in the park?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2013