What do you prefer? open windows+fresh air OR windows closed+air conditioning ?

I love to keep my windows. ofcourse the days when it gets too hot i close them and turn on the air conditioner full blast. but my husband prefers them closed (no he doesn't has allergies). he likes artificial cooling or heating. also he hates opening the windows at night. Even with the bug screens closed, he swears they crawl in from the gaps.
since we live in a townhouse, with other houses being so close together, i often notice that alot of our neighbors have their air conditioning running, even if it's really nice out. like today i'm sitting on our deck. it's sunny with a perfect cool breeze. but i can hear 4-5 houses AC compressor units running
What do you like?

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Well, since we don't have AC, I'll go with windows open and fresh air/breezes.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Considering where I live, the windows have to be shut and the ac on. As soon as it cools off, I love keeping the windows open.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I'd like to be able to open more than the bathroom window just to air the house out but that isn't going to happen. *sigh* Window ACs in the remaining windows.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• If posible. Open windows. But in the summer that is only posible early in the morning. Most of the time in is closed window/AC on.

Answer by louise2 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• A/C, open windows isn't really an option here.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Open windows.  I only put the a/c on when the humidity is high.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Pen windows but when it is hot or humid A/C is on.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Windows are open here when the temp is below 80. I literally just shut them now and turned on the ac. At night we keep with them open and fans in them when the temp is below 70. My parents never allowed windows open when I was a kid. They still don't, so I really enjoy the fresh air.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Open windows but mine are closed for much of the year simply because my husband has allergies and pollen affects him. He has enough health issues that we do not need to add to his burden.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Open windows as much as possible. But, I'm not opposed to AC and will turn it on if it's too uncomfortable or DS's asthma is causing problems.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2013