S/O What would you do if you knew who robbed you but could not prove it?

How frustrating is that?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Remember that we reap what we sow and trust God to take care of it.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Would depend on how I knew them (how much I knew of them). For example, if it was someone that was known through family, I'd take the guilt route and let a mother or grandmother know, provided they have the type that doesn't always take the precious snowflake side. If it was someone known through friends or co-workers, I'd make a point of bringing it up every time they were around and try to make them paranoid.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Nothing! Not worth getting in trouble with the law.

Answer by louise2 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Excessively. We lived in a college town. We were broken into. There were tracks in the snow leading from our house to the culprits but the police said basically, it is just kids and there is nothing we can do anyway.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Beat the ever loving shit out of the person.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Wait and watch. There is no such ting as the perfect crime.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• If I couldn't prove it, I'd unfortunately have to just suck it up and take the loss. I'd be sure to take extreme care not to leave anything unlocked or in reach around the one who had stolen from me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• If it can't be proven, all that can be done is to take greater care to make sure the opportunity isn't there. I remember someone stole a $20 out of my purse in a locker at work back when I was 15. These were not locked; all the library pages had lockers in our supervisor's office, which was all glass walls behind a counter next to the security officer's station, of all places! He'd have noticed if it was a stranger, so we knew the thief was one of our own.

We got locks the next week. Opportunity removed. But nothing else really happened; these were the days before loads of security cameras everywhere you look, let alone cell phones.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2013