Is it possible for a pregnant woman not to feel when she's having contractions...?? Ill be 40 weeks Monday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• When I was at the hospital at 33 weeks and was hooked up to a monitor, I was told I was having minor contractions. All I felt was a light spasm at the top of my stomach. I had a c-section later that night, so I don't know what would have come of it if anything.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• If you have a high pain tolerance, sure. With my first I dilated to 6 cm at home just feeling like I had really bad period cramps. With my second I was having contractions as they were prepping me for the planned C-section that I never felt. That was BEFORE they gave me pain meds.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• At first absolutely. It may feel like gas or a stomach upset or like you need to have a bowel movement and can't.
    I tend to count through distress, whether it is gas or something else. If you find yourself counting fairly regularly, it is time to start timing when it happens.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• My mom had four children by vaginal birth. She says she never felt a contraction. With the first, her water broke so she went to the hospital, to find out she was almost ready to push. With the next three the doctor made her go to the hospital, before her due date to be checked and if she was at all dismayed she had to stay.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• *dialated! Haha auto correct!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Oh okay because I feel a little something but not much so I guess mines wont be as strong
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Just because you're almost 40 weeks doesn't mean you're having contractions.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I know it I have them all the time but there not strong Like other people say they are and sometimes I just dont feel them
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• yep...I was in active labor with my dd and I didn't know it. I was at work, went on my lunch break for a check up, and was admitted to the hospital. GL baby will be here soon! :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2013