I have my 20 week ultrasound tomorrow and I'm 18 weeks.

Will the sex determination be pretty accurate even though its not right on 20 weeks! Also is it common for the baby to be turned at a angle that won't allow you to tell? I really am excited for this and don't want to get my hopes up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was so excited and my little guy kept his legs tightly closed. We just happened for a split second where he flashed and we saw but we wasn't 100% sure since it was just a flash. I had to have a ultrasound at 37 and I was really excited when she said "Still a boy" ;-D.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 8:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes you can have it and it will be pretty much the same. When a dr decides your due date and can be off by as much as 2 weeks in either direction. If the baby is in a position that will not allow the tech to see anything then they will try to awaken the baby to get it to move. My tech worked with me for about 45 mins so we could determine the sex. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i found out that i was having a boy when i was 19 weeks. good luck and let us know what you are having!! :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I had my ultrasound at 15 weeks and got to find out the sex. But that was only because he was just showing it right off lol. Some babies do put themselves in positions to where you can't see. As long as your baby is cooperative you should be able to accurately determine if it's a boy or girl at 18 weeks. Good luck!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My doc. said it depends, he said that if he sees a boy then its most defiantly a boy but sometimes a boy can be mistaken as a girl. So if he says a girl than there is a higher chance he could be wrong. He also said its easier to tell if the person that’s pregnant is smaller. Good luck!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009