Frustration with Dieting!!!!

How is it that I can have a 2nd helping of a healthy supper and gain 3 lbs yet my friends can eat fast food everyday of the week and not gain a bit???? I have been dieting for 3 weeks (eating 1000 cal. A day lots of fiber and fruit) and I was very happy that I have lost 7lbs and I thought Id go a little crazy and eat another serving of pork tenderloin cooked in a crock pot and a small corn on the cob. I was so upset that the next day I gained 3lbs back!!! Anyone have any info, advice, or same problem???

candace71306

Asked by candace71306 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It is impossible to have gained 3 lbs of fat from that extra serving. It is most likely water weight. Don't get discouraged, keep it up! I suggest only weighing in once a week, otherwise you will drive yourself mad.

Bijou
    www.huskynomore.tsfl.com
    Bijou.I

Answer by Bijou.I at 9:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Pork is salty, it may be temporary water weight gain. Esp at different times in your cycle.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You couldn't have actually gained three pounds from eating that....it must just be normal fluctuation... Don't let it bother you. Think long-term here. You will lose weight if you keep eating healthy!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• 1000 calories is too little... how tall are you how much do you weight? you need to eat the right amount of cals and the right foods. Don't mix fruit with anything else. eat fruit first thing in the morning then don't eat anything else for at least 30 minutes.. when you eat fruit eat it alone. drink lots of water.. at least half your weight in ounces. count every single calorie you take int. add more whole grains, more veggies, more lean proteins.. stop eating pork.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I second bjoan's answer. Dont' get discouraged after one slip too. Think long term. Weight loss is a lifestyle change. You are in it for the long haul. Keep it up and you will get there.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• For the person who answered anonymously , can you be more condescending??? and 1000 cals is plenty for me, im only 5ft 1in. and I wasnt saying that i eat fiber and fruit at the same time, i was just giving a little info on what im taking in. And its pork TENDERLOIN IT IS LEAN and not fatty at all. Everyone on this site is just wanting to talk and ask for advice, and if you cant be helpful and just want to be rude then find another site to get your kicks on!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009