Long Distance!

I am in a long distance relationship and my boyfriend and I try to see each other at least once a month. I didnt make it up there last month and it's going on 2 months since we have seen one another. Lately we haven't been talking on the phone like we normally do. He is a bit stressed right now but we are going all day without talking and then when we do it's short. I miss him so much and it's already hard enough that we do not see each other often but not talking to him combined with not being able to just go see him is driving me crazy. I expressed to him that I feel like he hasn't been making time for me and he said he will do better. We had that talk a couple of days ago and he is still being short on the phone. I really miss him but I am also frustrated and not happy. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• long distance relations ships are not really functional relationships. It is hard for them to grow. You need to let this go and find someone you can actually see on a regular basis.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Write letters, or maybe Skype instead of just calling. DH and I were long distance for a few years, but we both had crazy schedules (more him than me) and things seemed to work okay. It sucked being apart, but the long term goal was to be together, so I guess it's worked out. Sometimes having other interests that keep you busy are a good way to kick that depression of being apart.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Move closer to him.

Answer by louise2 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Well the plan was for me to move back up North but I really don't want to. He have 2 young children up there and don't want to leave them. The mother has custody so he won't be able to just bring them with him. We do plan to be closer at some point but it's just so hard right now to cope with the distance. I have no interest in any other guy. I just want him but I feel like I am the one visiting more and making time. I juggle a lot and still make time for him. He don't do the same for me. :(

Oh and QuinnMae we use to oovoo from his ipod but he dropped it and it cracked. His phone don't have a front facing camera. I've been trying to tell him to buy a new up to date phone with a front facing camera so we can Oovoo again. He don't really like the new phones with all the new technology so he is stubborn. When we started dating like 1 year ago he still had a damn flip phone. I couldn't believe it LOL.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Well to be truthfull. You make it sound like he is not that into you. You need to get some real answers from him, about your relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• It's not fair of you to expect him to leave his kids to come live close to you, so unless you plan on moving closer to him it doesn't seem like a relationship with a future. As hard as it is, you may need to let it go.

Answer by missanc at 10:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Hate to break it to you because I know you want it to work, but it sounds as if the relationship is on its way to being fizzled out. I'd just take a break from it unless you move closer because itd be very unfair to expect him to move. The long distance thing doesn't work unless you both want it to, not when it's just convienant for one or the other.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 8:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I don't want him to move away from his children. I admire that he is an wonderful father. He tells me he loves me everyday and I know he does it just seems like lately he is so busy and somewhat forgetting about me. I don't know if I can make that move back up North. All we can do is try but if it doesn't work I will be forced to let go which is going to hurt so bad. Thanks Ladies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Find a hobby to keep you busy til you see what his intentions are.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2013