Do you like being alone?

I have a young daughter and I work full time. I really don't have time to have fun anymore. Well all of my friends are in relationships and busy with their own lives so i dont get to chat with them much. I am in a relationship but its long distance so I cant just get up and hang out with him. I feel like I have no social life. I spend a lot of time with my daughter and I love it but I also want to do adult stuff. I feel like I have no friends and my boyfriend is not making any plans on visiting. I am a very social person but lately I have been a loner. BUT not by choice. I hate doing everthing alone. Or if i am not alone I am with my 4 year old. I know many of you prefer it that way and it's not bad to spend time alone but ALL the time is just not for me. I like to talk and have fune. All I get to do is have my coffee, play with my daughter, work, read to my daughter, clean and sleep. Not all that fun. Happiness comes from within and I am not happy. *just venting*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes. I love my " Me Time".
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I had ZERO social life for like 12 yrs after I had my first kid...
    it sucks.

Don't you have people to talk to at work and such?
    maybe try to find a babysitter oce a month so you can go to a movie or something?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I keep work at work. I chat with two of my co-workers and we have each other numbers but we don't talk about noting but work. My mother don't help with my daughter so I never have a baby sitter to just habg out,. The baby sitter I have already keep her 40 hours a week for me to work. I am losing my mind. I just want to get back to the old me. Always smiling and doing things. I am afventurous and I am always willing to try something. These past 6 months I havent done anything exciting. Uggh this suck!@!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I'm an introvert and love being by myself (not including dd). Before I had my daughter, I had one hell of a fun social life, but I just want to be alone now. I enjoy talking to friends on the phone or texting with them and I like to "talk" to people I meet online, but I don't enjoy being around people now. Yeah...I'm a weirdo.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• I have no problem being alone... I find it fun to be able to read a good book and not deal with people in my face. One person's idea of "fun" may not be another person's.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• *I can relate- none of my family ever took my kids either
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• You're allowed to hire a babysitter and go out.
    It doesn't mean you're a bad mom.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2013

• Yes, I enjoy being alone. Or at least, with just my kids. I don't mind being around other people, to a point, but I'm definitely an introvert and am happier at home, with just my kids or by myself.

If you want to go out, hire a sitter and go out. You can do that. It's not wrong, the "mom police" aren't going to come arrest you for it. And if your boyfriend isn't making an effort to see you and spend time with you, maybe you should reconsider the relationship? What's the point of being in a relationship if you never see each other and he's not even trying?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Yes I like it. Or spending time more with just my son.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Yes everyone needs time alone.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2013