Update

Hey ladies, I know I have not been on in a long time, busy with work and a sick kid. Just wanted to give you all an update on the little man. We finally got a referral for a pediatric immunologist. At the visit he said there is no doubt that little guy has an immune deficiency. He drew more labs that we weren't able to get done on base, and referred us to their pediatric pulmonologist. We have that appointment in a little over a week, his labs should be back by our next appointment. If the labs come back abnormal we may be sent back to the states, because they cannot provide the treatment he needs here. I am happy to finally have some answers. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for us while we struggled through this hard time with him. I am hoping that immune replacement is what they recommend so he can start to be healthy for once.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 11:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2013 in Kids' Health

• So sorry that you are going through this. At least you are starting to get some answers. I hope everything works out and that he starts to heal and be healthy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Thanks for the update AF! All positive thoughts for you and Bret!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• It is good to hear from you, it has been such a long time.
    I am glad some progress has been made and I will pray for you while you fight through the rest.
    Be strong
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I have missed you and been thinking of you and your family!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Thinking about you guys! I hope they find out what is wrong with him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Hope all works out,just curious do you want to be stateside? If that happens do you have a choice as to what base/state?
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 2:38 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• ((hugs)))
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I've had you on my mind lately! Super glad you posted and have some answers. Hugs, prayers and happy thought to you and your little one.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I wish your Son the very best & I hope he gets well soon. Best wishes to all :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• i will keep you guys in my prayers
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 12:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2013