cheating while legally seperated.

over a year ago me and my husband signed a separation agreement. since then he has been pro longing our divorce. we go to court in 2 weeks and I and about 5 months pregnant. my ex keeps saying that my boyfriend will get in big trouble. in our agreement it says to act as though we are unmarried so I don't see how that would get my boyfriend in trouble. I am so confused as to how my ex even found out because we haven't really told that many people. and I haven't told anyone who talks to him. this is a really hard time for me. i know i shouldn't stress because it is bad for the baby, but i stress out even when i get an email from my ex. is there any advice you can give me?

babyturnersmom

Asked by babyturnersmom at 12:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• Consult with your attorney as to whether your relationship and pregnancy could effect the outcome of your settlement. Different states have different laws. In some states if it is considered an affair (since divorce isn't final) then it could negatively impact your settlement.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Talk with your attorney. But your ex is likely trying to rattle you in order to get you to NOT go to court.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Why are you even dealing with your ex? Your attorney's should be doing all the dirty work.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• i know i shouldn't stress because it is bad for the baby

Are you saying you're pregnant? If so, then that's how your ex found out. I'm sure, much as you hate him, he's smart enough to figure out where babies come from.

Stop contact with him. Go through attorneys. If you don't have attorneys, then just stop all contact that isn't actual legal paperwork that is/will be filed with the courts. Period. There's no reason for two to be in contact at all, unless you're trying to work things out, which it certainly doesn't sound like you are. So just stop it. Block his emails, block his texts and phone calls (or at least ignore them), and if he's showing up at your house, then get a restraining order.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• So you are technically still married, legaly seperated.  And pregnant by a different man?   LOL!  OMFG!  Really!  Do you have a lawyer?

Answer by louise2 at 8:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• You can't get divorced until the baby is born anyway

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

Not necessarily true. I did when I was pregnant with my youngest.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2013